Who We Are
REACH BC is an initiative of BC’s health authorities and partner universities. It is also made possible thanks to valuable input from research institutes, patients and the public. REACH BC is governed under the Clinical Trials BC unit of Michael Smith Health Research BC.
What We Do
REACH BC is bridging the gap between the public and researchers. We make it easier for patients and the public to find out what health research is happening in BC, to connect with researchers and to participate.
REACH BC Manager Stefanie Cheah
REACH BC Marketing & Communications Specialist Aisling Quigley
REACH BC Project Coordinator Robyn Tkatch
REACH BC Director, Michael Smith Health Research BC, Alison Orth
REACH BC Executive Lead, UBC Faculty of Medicine, Rob McMaster
Feel free to contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
For Marketing, Publicity and Media inquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (236) 521-2064
Address: Suite 420, 1367 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6H 4A7
REACH BC Advisory Committee
The REACH BC Advisory Committee is a collaborative group providing expert advice, guidance, and tactical recommendations, in order to support decision making, successful achievement of goals and objectives, and improvement of the use and operations of the REACH BC platform.
- Coleen Adderley, Manager, Clinical Research - Department Interior Health
- Anne Babineau, Director - Innovative Medicines
- Lin Chen, Patient Partner Patient Voices Network Member, Vancouver, BC
- Gurm Dhugga, Associate Director, Research & Digital Technology - UBC Faculty of Medicine, Digital Solutions
- Leana Garraway, Manager, Health Research Institute/Co-Lead BC SUPPORT Unit Northern Centre - University of Northern BC (UNBC)
- Prachi Khanna, Patient Partner, Patient Voice Network Committee Member - UBC undergraduate, Knowledge Translation Co-lead of PHC Renal Transitional Care Project, Vancouver, BC Knowledge Translation co-lead, Vancouver, BC
- Stephania Manusha, Director, Clinical Trials Administration - Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI)
- Tara McMillan, Manager, Patient and Public Research Engagement/Regional Centre Lead - Island Health/ BC SUPPORT Unit Island Centre
- Bev Pomeroy, Patient Engagement Specialist - BC SUPPORT Unit Fraser Centre
- Nicole Prestley, (Maternity Leave) Manager, Research + Knowledge Translation - Women’s Health Research Institute (WHRI)
- Stephanie Skourtes, (Maternity Leave Replacement) Interim Manager, Research & Knowledge Translation
- Brittney Schichter, Research Navigator - Simon Fraser University, BC SUPPORT Unit Fraser Centre
- Linda Warner, Clinical Research Manager - BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute
REACH BC Ambassadors
The following groups and organizations have partnered with REACH BC to create awareness.
- Alzheimer's Society of BC
- BC SUPPORT Unit Regional Centres
- Clinical Trials BC
- Fraser Health
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Interior Health
- Island Health
- Northern Health
- Patient Voices Network
- Research Ethics BC
- University of Northern BC
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute
History of REACH BC
Launched in May 2020, REACH BC addresses a significant challenge for many clinical trials and health research projects in British Columbia: namely, patient and participant recruitment. The platform (originally a multi-partner demonstration project of the BC SUPPORT Unit, with additional funding from the BC Academic Health Science Network was developed with support from the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI). This online platform bridges the gap between the province-wide patient and research communities.
REACH BC was developed in partnership and support from Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, University of British Columbia Digital Solutions, University of British Columbia Advanced Research Computing and Population Data BC.
Acknowledgments and Guiding Principles
REACH BC acknowledges that our offices are located within the ancestral, traditional, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), Stó:lō and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (TsleilWaututh) Nations.
Learn more about our organization by reading our Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Statement .